Friday, April 8, 2011

☆☆☆Chie Satonaka Cosplay☆☆☆

Guys, I am very happy to say that, [with the addition of some buttons] my Chie Satonaka cosplay is complete~
My wonderful friend Dana sewed the cosplay for me, and provided the buttons, and I ordered the wig from somebody on cosplay.com.
I am really excited that this whole thing is finished, so now I can frolic around kicking things, and talking about steak.
WHO IS CHIE SATONAKA, you may be asking yourselves.
Well don't worry, I shall explain.
Chie Satonaka is a character from Shin Megami Tensei's "Persona 4" for the PS2.
                                    Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4.jpg
                                                              [The cover]
Persona 4 is a game that follows a group of highschoolers, as they solve mysteries, and save the world, and [blah blah blah blah]
Basically, if you want the full story, here's the Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona_4
Anyway, Chie Satonaka is a character that really stood out to me while I was playing. Not only is she really cute, but she is also great at sports, friendly, and quite hilarious, if I do say so myself. She was a unique character, who didn't seem completely clichéd, and over used, and that was refreshing.
I enjoy all cosplay, but I especially enjoy cosplay when I have a lot in common with a character, or I just simply love them. ;;
Chie was one of these characters that I could relate to, and that I loved, so I'm really hoping I'm able to pull her off well.
Now, without further ado, let's check out some pictures.
First is a comparison of the outfit itself, side by side with a picture of the character:

[I tried my best to immitate the pose, but spreading my legs that far in a skirt would've looked really ho'ish I think. ;;]

And my face when I got the buttons in the mail:

[I waaaaaaaaas, pretty excited. ;D]

I'll be debuting this costume at Kumoricon 2011, and hopefully at a meet-up or two before then. As soon as I get better pictures of the costume, I will post them here, for all of you to enjoy.

I encourage everyone to try and get a copy of Persona 4, because it is a truly great game, and I'm sure you will all enjoy it. ;;

Thank you for reading everyone, good night ~

1 comment:

  1. AHH THIS IS SO CUTE!
    You make such a great Chie! :3

    I remember cosplaying Naoto at a cosplay event once with my friend doing Yukari! I've never played the game before and had no idea what people were talking about when they came up to me. XD

    ReplyDelete